FUNDAMENTALS OF TEACHER LEADERSHIP (TEACHERS PD)
A foundation professional program for all school teachers to manage education excellence.
The 6 WEEK foundation course offers an understanding of what a contemporary curriculum and assessment model must look like and the outcomes that have to be managed for the rapidly evolving learning requirements of present day learners.
Course Key Takeaways
- The course touches on essential fundamentals of what is a curriculum and why it must be continuously evolved or innovated and how to embark on a dynamic curriculum initiative.
- The introductory course prepares teachers to understand the need and to embark on a practice oriented and self paced program called STAR TEACHER (1 Year), which deals with detailed guidelines and principles of dynamic curriculum and assessment modeling, design, implementation and management processes.
Who should take this course?
The course is best suited for in-service and aspiring teachers, who wish to undertake a professional program focusing on excellence in implementation of any curriculum, in any schooling system, and to excel in their careers.Candidates seeking to adopt global best practices that are widely used across the world to manage learner engagement and superior learning outcomes at all levels, would find the program very rewarding and useful in their current and future assignments as they apply every bit of their learning during the STAR TEACHER program.Passionate teachers looking to benefit from the know-how of dynamic curriculum and assessment management may embark on the intense application and practice oriented program to excel in their teaching careers.
- Career progression is a definite outcome from the program which is blended with online lessons, mutually scheduled virtual live mentoring session, assignments, assessments and follow up guidance to apply at work.
- The course aligns well with your own work environment and conditions. You may be working under any type of school board and Grade level. The rigors of practice that is personalized for your specific situation and realities, makes it a unique opportunity to learn and excel or lead as a Star Teacher.
- This foundation course in teacher leadership would help a teacher understand the difference between conventional and contemporary approaches of curriculum implementation and the need to adopt a dynamic model of curriculum to meet learning needs of new age learners.
- Understanding the role that a contemporary teacher has to play, as a present day educator, to perform in progressive schools and be successful with learners.
- This program lays a foundation for the self paced practice oriented STAR TEACHER program that aims to prepare candidates for teacher leadership and excellence under any school board, operating in any country and learning environment.
- Candidates who successfully complete the course requirements and pass the online test are awarded a digital certificate of participation in "Fundamentals of Teacher Leadership".
This fundamental course can be taken over a duration of 6 Weeks with a minimum commitment of about 3-4 hours per week to complete the course requirements.
- 6 online lesson reading materials
- 6 lesson based reflective assignments
- 6 downloadable PPTs of reading materials
- 1 Online assessment with 10 MCQ type test questions, performance review and option for multiple attempts
- 1 or 2 live virtual classes contact sessions as may be scheduled and conducted in the course
- Digital certification on meeting course evaluation and processing requirements
- Concessions for registration to other paid professional courses like STAR TEACHER (1 year) or DYNAMIC TEACHING & LEARNING (6 months)
- Professional profile recommendations for institutions available on request basis only.
Language of instruction: English