PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN CURRICULUM DESIGN MANAGEMENT
Professional techniques of curriculum design that adds value to the syllabus of any subject.
The 10 week professional program offers an understanding of what a contemporary curriculum and assessment model actually is and what it has to deliver as an outcome for the rapidly evolving requirements of learning at K12 and higher education. At a higher program level it shares the method of how to commence the curriculum design initiative and manage the process.
The work integrated program is flexible and deals with key concepts, detailed process guidelines and principles of curriculum modelling and design through intense inputs on designing of curriculum, approaches for curriculum design, creating curriculum concept maps and mastering the art of structuring concepts for successful lesson delivery.
Course Key Takeaways
- It touches on essential fundamentals of curriculum design and why it must be continuously evolved or innovated.
- This would help a teacher understand the difference between conventional and contemporary systems of teaching and learning and the need for achieving excellence through a dynamic model of curriculum and academic process management which guides them to transform conventional syllabi into engaging learning programs.
- The program is personalized to align well with the teachers’ own work environment and conditions. Teachers may be working under any type of school board and at any Grade level.
- The rigor of integrated practice is personalized for every specific situation and realities of the classroom that makes it a unique opportunity to learn and excel as a Star Teacher, an Academic Leader and an Education Manager.
Who should take this course?
- Candidates undergoing the Teacher Leadership course may progress to the Star Teacher certification on completion of all modules, if desired.
- Any graduate, teacher or coordinator and subject head or vice principal may choose to benefit from this teacher leadership program series or the STAR TEACHER Program directly.
- The foundation course is best suited for in-service and aspiring teachers, who wish to embark on a self paced professional development journey focusing on excellence in design and implementation of any curriculum, under any schooling system, and to excel as contemporary teachers.
- It would also help teachers to evaluate their own professional learning needs and explore the STAR TEACHER program, which aims to prepare candidates for global teacher leadership opportunities under any board, operating in any country and learning environment, through collaboration, communication, competence, creativity and the capability to handle professional challenges.
- Passionate teachers looking for professional know-how of dynamic curriculum and assessment management may embark on the practice oriented program called STAR TEACHER to excel as contemporary education managers.
- Career progression is a definite outcome of the program which is blended with online lessons, virtual live mentoring sessions, assignments, assessments and personal guidance to apply the concepts at work.
- Candidates seeking to familiarize and adopt global best practices to manage innovative curriculum design and implementation for augmented learner engagement and learning outcomes would find the program useful in their professional careers as they apply every bit of their learning.
- One of the most important outcomes of the Teacher Leadership program is a fresh understanding of a contemporary teacher’s role as a present day educator and knowledge manager in order to perform in progressive schools.
This professional program can be taken over a duration of 10 weeks with a minimum commitment of about 3-4 hours per week to complete the course requirements.
- The course has 4 intense online lesson readings
- 4 lesson input based work integrated assignments
- 4 lesson handouts
- 2 online virtual classes which would be scheduled with the candidate
- One course end online test/assessment.
- The Virtual class input session recording shall be available to access and view online or download for personal use.
Note:- Candidates may complete the module conveniently in collaboration with the program mentor. Several reading reference may be shared by the mentor as you progress to the implementation stage.
Language of instruction: English